Return & Shipping Policies
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Materials sold by the yard* are not returnable. All other items can be returned in original condition within 30 days for a full refund of the cost of the item. Shipping costs are not refundable and buyers must pay return shipping costs. We do not offer exchanges. Returning unwanted goods is your responsibility, and we cannot process refunds on items we have not received, so be sure to use a trackable service. Keep the tracking number accessible in case it's needed, or even include your tracking number in an email to us.
To initiate a return, it's appreciated if you send us an email to let us know it's coming and confirm that it's OK to return. Then send the goods back to us at the address on your packing slip (Bias Bespoke, 247 W 35th St, 7th Fl, New York, NY 10001). Please include the packing slip in the shipment OR all of the following info: your name, order number, the SKU numbers, and quantity you're returning. If sending back goods that don't meet our return guidelines, it is up to our discretion what amount, if any, to refund, so be sure to contact us ahead of time for information about whether your goods will be accepted for a refund before sending them. If returning items from an order of more than $200 that includes a 5% discount and the return causes the remaining order value to drop below $200, then the discount will be removed from the order.
*Materials sold by the yard include articles that are only sold in pre-determined lengths when not covered in pre-shrunk plastic, or when the pre-shrunk plastic has been removed or cut. This includes, but is not limited to, horsehair braid and fabric tapes.
We follow a normal Monday-Friday work week. Orders placed Tuesday-Friday before 2pm ET are usually shipped the same day. Orders placed on the weekend will be shipped on Monday. Orders placed on Monday or after 2pm ET Tuesday-Friday may be shipped the same day or may be shipped on the following business day, excluding holidays.
12/14/20 Update: USPS and other shipping services are experiencing larger-than-normal shipping volumes coupled with social distancing measures to keep employees safe. This is resulting in a much greater number of delays. All timelines listed below are not guaranteed. Please have extra patience with the delivery of your orders at this time. Thank you!
6/20/20 Update: We have reopened our Local Pickup option for customers in NYC to pick up orders already placed online. In exchange for this convenience, we ask that you help us all stay safe by wearing masks when you enter our building and stockroom, and leave as little trace as possible while here. We appreciate you, and we want you and all of us to stay safe and healthy! We will send you an email when your order is ready to be picked up.
We have not reopened the stockroom for looking at sample books or placing orders in person. Sorry.
Shipping charges are based on weight and destination.
- USPS First Class Mail is great for packages under 13oz that don't need to arrive very quickly. The timeline is usually* 2-5 business days to most locations within the US, and tracking is included, but packages are not guaranteed to arrive during the stated timeline, and no insurance is offered for delay, loss or damage.
- USPS Priority Mail shipping has a usual* 1-3 business day delivery timeline, but does not include insurance for delay, loss or damage.
**If you choose USPS Priority Mail, we may choose, at our discretion, to upgrade you to a FedEx 2-Day service, which includes guaranteed two day delivery, and up to $100 of insurance against loss or damage.**
- USPS Priority Mail Express shipping offers guaranteed overnight delivery, including $100 of insurance for most shipments.
We also ship via UPS. Information about their services is available here.
*6/20/20 Update: As noted in bold above, shipping services are experiencing higher than usual volumes and we are finding that shipments are more likely to be delayed during this time.
We offer shipping to many countries around the world, and charges are based on weight and location. See International Duties and Taxes below for more info about extra charges your home country may impose upon delivery.
It is possible to use FedEx, UPS, or DHL for shipping, but their costs are so much higher than USPS's costs, that buyers don't tend to choose them! When using USPS, there are three options for speed/cost, listed below. Note that packages sent by USPS will be transferred to the destination country's local postal service, so in case of questions, you may contact your local post office with your USPS tracking number.
- USPS First Class International Mail shipping is the most economical choice, but please note that once First Class packages leave the US there is no guaranteed tracking (so lost packages may not even be able to be traced), and they include no insurance for lost or damaged packages. The general timeline guide for this service is usually* 7-21 business days. Business days exclude weekends and holidays.
- USPS Priority Mail International shipping offers a usual* 6-10 business day delivery timeline, includes tracking, and up to $200 insurance for merchandise for loss or damage. (The insurance for this service only covers loss or damage, but not delays.) Business days exclude weekends and holidays.
- USPS Priority Mail Express International shipping has a 3-5 business day delivery and a money-back guarantee if it does not arrive in the stated timeline. Business days exclude weekends and holidays.
*1/1/21 Update: As noted in bold above, shipping services are experiencing higher than usual volumes and we are finding that shipments are more likely to be delayed during this time.
International Duties and Taxes
Some countries charge additional duties and/or taxes at the time of delivery. These fees are not charged by us, we do not receive anything from them, nor do we even know when you're charged or how much. (I believe that they're collected and kept by the government of your country.) We understand that the threshold over which these extra fees are charged is variable by country, as is the rate.
Anecdotally, one of our customers (in the UK) was charged extra fees for a single set of jacket buttons, and other times I've heard of orders under $200 or $500 arriving with no extra charges.
Over time, we hope to collect more information about customs fees and duties, but for now, this is truly all we know. If you are charged duties on an order, we would love to know, as it will help us help other international customers know what to expect! To tell us, please email us at email@example.com with the info about how much duty you were charged on your order. Thank you so much!!